This page is used to inform website visitors and users regarding Omi’s policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decides to use Omi’s Service across website, applications, and other services operated under Omi brand.
If you choose to use Omi’s Service, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation to this policy.
- We collect your login credentials along with other basic information such as date of birth when you sign up;
- Any additional information that you provide us after creating your profile is stored by us. This information includes your lifestyle likes and preferences, and the pictures you upload on your profile. We will also access your device’s photo album and location services with proper consent. By providing such information, you agree to our accessing and using it;
- On making a purchase of a paid service, your credit card information will be stored with us and our payment gateway partner;
- When you opt to be a part of our marketing and other promotional activities such as events and surveys, your registration details are stored with us;
- All your interactions with our team over call, email and any other medium is kept in our record for internal training and monitoring purposes;
- We also store and process your conversations with other users to ensure that all reported profiles are weeded out for creating a safe platform;
- We collect information about your activities across Omi’s services. These include your login pattern, your interation with other Omi users, such as the messages sent and received by you, and the frequency of such interaction;
- Information pertaining to your device, which is not limited to your IP address, advertising IDs, device specific information, operating system, language preferences, cookies, Wi-Fi connections, location services, bluetooth and mobile network connectivity;
Along with the information you directly provide us, we also receive information pertaining to you from third party services, such as:
- Information shared through social media sign ups to make and access your Omi account. Your social media account provides us with your lifestyle preferences in order to make Omi more responsive towards your likes and interests;
- Third party partners, such as websites that publish Omi’s ads, also store your details and share them with us.
Use of Information
Omi’s trying to create a fun experience of all it’s users and connect them for meaningful conversations. In order to do that, we need to use the registration information provided by you for:
- Providing the services of Omi.
- Sending you the appropriate content and matches in the app.
- For resolution of any reports by you or against you or any type of fraud
- Improving your experience on app by using analytics based upon your behaviour of using the app.
Sharing of information
Omi shares some information provided by you with other users which stands as your profile on Omi. Please provide the information with caution.
Omi and it’s affiliate companies may share your personal information within its group of companies, with joint venture partners, third party service providers, contractors and agents (such as communication service providers who send emails or push notifications on Omi’s behalf, mapping services providers who assist Omi and you with location data, analytics partners who assist Omi’s business, and advertising partners on services provided by Omi).
In addition, Omi may allow such third parties to collect your Personal Information across services provided by Omi.
In each case, Omi permits sharing and/or collection for the purposes of:
- providing Omi’s services to you;
- carrying out Omi’s obligations and enforcing Omi’s rights under the Terms of Service; and/or
- Omi’s business, including making Omi improve its services. These third parties may be located, and use and store your Personal Information, outside of your jurisdiction for these purposes.
Where Omi permits any third parties to collect and use your personal information in accordance with the above paragraph, Omi will make reasonable efforts to ensure that such third parties only use your personal information:
- in compliance with Omi’s Terms of Service; and
- subject to any other instructions given to them, including any appropriate confidentiality and security measures that are implemented by Omi.
You agree that Omi or its affiliate companies may be required to retain, preserve or disclose your personal information if reasonably necessary:
- in order to comply with applicable laws or regulations;
- in order to comply with a court order, subpoena or other legal process;
- in response to a request by a government authority, law enforcement agency or similar body (whether situated in your jurisdiction or elsewhere); or
- where Omi believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
Omi or its affiliate companies may need to disclose your Personal Information in order to enforce the Terms of Service or to, protect Omi’s rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of Omi’s affiliate companies or other members of services provided by Omi.
Rights of the Users
Omi allows you to access and update your information as per your convenience and comfort within the app.
You can allow or deny permissions to access device location, media content like photos and videos, and microphone at any time you want on your phone.
You can also delete your account data on Omi by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org